Rainbow Counselling is committed to complying with the terms of General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and to the responsible and secure use of your data. Rainbow Counselling
has a legitimate interest in processing personal data to provide counselling services. The purpose of this statement is to let you know what personal information I collect and hold,
why, how long it is stored for, and your rights over your personal data. I am registered with the information Commissioners Office (ICO) reference (123456).
Information about you
- I collect personal information from you when you enquire about my counselling services and set up an initial appointment
- This information includes contact details, your availability and other relevant personal information such as your GP’s name and address and contact details of your next of kin in case of an emergency.
- Once you finish counselling, all data regarding your counselling is stored securely for seven years and then destroyed. You do have the right to ask for all of your data to be removed before this time period and you may contact me by email and I will carry out your request.
- When you enquire about counselling, I ask only for the contact details and personal information I need to answer your enquiries and to keep you informed.
My use of this information
- Your data will be used only to provide you with my services and to give you information relating to these.
- I will not share your details with any other person or organisation without your knowledge and permission unless there is a legal requirement as stated in the Counselling contract. (Please see the contract on the website www.rainbowcounselling.wales for more information).
- If you have come through another organisation, a solicitor, or an Employee Assistance Program (EAP) service, that data will have been provided to me by the company with your permission and on occasions I may need to provide minimal updates, notes or outcomes to the company, during and on your final session.
- A breach of confidentiality is when someone shares information with another in circumstances where it is reasonable to expect that the information will be kept confidential.
- I will take all reasonable precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of information you give me.
- Communications in connection with this service may be sent by email.
- For ease of use and compatibility, communications will not be sent in an encrypted form unless you require it and give me permission to communicate with you in that way.
- Email, unless encrypted, it’s not a fully secure means of communication.
- Whilst I endeavour to keep my systems and communications protected against viruses and other harmful effects, I cannot bear responsibility for all communications being virus free.
Your rights over your personal data
- If you would like to see the information I hold about you, or would like to correct, update or delete any records, please contact me at directly at Sarahrainbowcounselling.wales
- If you have any concerns about my use of your data, please contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If, for any reason, I cannot resolve your concerns, you may choose to contact the ICO directly.